In the last two decades, we’ve witnessed the next level of online business with e-commerce websites and online stores. From online tycoons like Amazon and eBay to industry-specific titans like ASOS and Target, we have the inspirations before us to invest our time, money and focus on an e-commerce website. As the year is heading towards its end, we have finalized 4 best platforms that can meet your e-commerce store needs an effective way. We hope that you’ll find this post useful and will be able to identify the right platform that matches your business needs.
Starting off with Shopify, which is a great example of an e-commerce website. This platform is widely used for clothing apparels, fashion accessories, and travel accessories. Plus, Shopify also allows you to optimize your store for mobile-based users. It is also quite popular in countries like Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, the US, and the UK. Come…let’s have a look at what positive and negative aspect Shopify offers:
- You can start with its ‘Lite’ pricing plan starting from $9 per month.
- Avail the drop shipping facility for your e-commerce store with Shopify.
- From e-commerce web development perspective, you can increase your store’s functionality with ease.
- Benefit from the inclusion of taxes in the invoice generation process if you select Shopify as your e-commerce website
- Shopify allows you to start your own blog for the store and educate your customers about the industry trends.
- You’d require installing additional plugins if you want your users to download, leave reviews or rate a product.
- You’ll be missing the reporting functionality on small monthly packages.
- You’ll have to adjust product image manually as there’s no automatic functionality at the moment.
Helping online sellers from a decade, Magento is ranked second on our list of best e-commerce store to skyrocket your online business. Magento offers you the opportunity to customize your e-commerce website with unlimited themes, plugin integration facility and much more. Let’s see what positive and negative aspects you’ll get upon selecting Magento as your e-commerce store platform.
- You can redesign the themes and give your store the desired shape using Magento’s customizable themes.
- With its advanced features, you can manage various stores from a single dashboard and complete sales cycle.
- As Magento is the most widely used e-commerce website platform, the community has pioneered the trend of improvisation and custom plugin development to harness the productivity of e-commerce stores.
- One of the key benefits of hosting your e-commerce store on Magento is that you can target mobile users along with desktop-based buyers.
- Due to the excess amount of users, the developing side badly fails to cater to their needs. Simply put, you’ll have to spend a considerable amount of time to find the best Magento developer.
- Sure, the e-commerce store platform is loaded with unlimited features but the price factor does matter. In comparison to other e-commerce platforms, this one is a bit expensive and it might not be suitable for a starter.
- As stated earlier, the large user community has become one of the challenges for the management as they fail to provide satisfactory product support sometimes.
WooCommerce the WordPress shopping cart, one of the most used platform, is gaining popularity amongst the e-commerce website owners due to its versatile feature range. From design to pricing and premade templates for each store type, this e-commerce platform has always something to offer you. So let’s take a close look at its pros and cons to conclude if WooCommerce is the right platform for you or not.
- You can avail from its versatile range of free and paid template designs to decorate your e-commerce store.
- WooCommerce allows you to create multiple accounts for staff and the customers in conjunction with the check-out facility associated with customer accounts.
- You’ll find the relevant plugin with ease in the process of adding customization and automation within WooCommerce’s large plugin library.
- In comparison to Shopify (read our review above), WooCommerce is not good at providing individual support. This means you’ll have to wait until you hear from the developer of your selected theme.
- You might find it hard to master the interface if you’ve not used WordPress before as this platform is similar in terms of dashboard interface with WordPress (One of the popular CMS).
CS-Cart – a well-programmed and advanced software to cater to your e-commerce website needs. This platform is popular because of its business-oriented approach and NO-Coding-Required feature. You can use this platform with basic setup instruction that is included with every package. Here’s the short comparison of CS-Cart to give you a better picture of the platform.
- Facility to add new languages based on demographics of your target audience.
- No programming required for setup and optimization.
- East-to-Understand admin panel allows you to customize your e-commerce store with ease.
- Additional features may slow down the server and increase the load time.
- You’ll have to pay for support once your credit limit is reached.
Kudos! You’ve made it to the end and we’re very confident that now you know what e-commerce store to select, right? We offer e-commerce web development services and can surely help you in setup, optimization, and promotion of your new e-commerce store. So let’s talk about your online venture and discuss the possibilities of collaboration today.